- On the 20th of March 1890, a rugby club located in the area of Wendt was born. A group of young men from the Servette neighbourhood, who were inspired by their English counterparts, decided to pick up an oval ball and begin to play rugby.
- During the next decade, the Club expanded greatly. A soccer team was then created, first under the name of "Sunday Team", which eventually became the Servette Football Club.
- Since football was clearly a more popular sport in the Geneva area, opponents for the rugby team soon became quite difficult to find. The club therefore decided to focus on its football, but never forgot its rugby history.
2014 : launch of the "Servette Rugby club de Genève"
- Incorporate the Servette Rugby Club de Genève (SRCG), Geneva rugby team with the ambition to play in the French Rugby Championship, starting in Series 4 for season 2014-2015
- Federate the existing rugby organisations in the Canton and Greater Geneva around this project (Geneva , Projet Oval) to feed the First team and help elevate the level of existing teams.
- Build a center of rugby training excellence around Lake Geneva, the neighbouring French border areas and the Greater Geneva.
- Feed the Swiss national team with new talented players.
- Become a role model for adolescents , educators, referees, in terms of excellence in the training and management of a club and in the communication of key values related to sports in general and Rugby in particular.
- Provide youngsters all over Switzerland and in the Greater Geneva area with an ambitious and structured project in the field of Rugby.
- Stade de Genève for home games
- 3 youth academy teams U18, U16, U14
- Progressive set up of a management and training structure mirroring those set up for hockey and football
- Lets youths benefit from the experience gained in football and hockey in terms of physical and mental preparation, training and programmes that foster dual education in sports and school